To anyone interested in becoming a teacher researcher, My journey at UAB has been an amazing learning experience. Being in UAB Honors in Education allowed me to discover a passion, the passion of learning more from my students about... Continue Reading →
Dear Future Ped2 Students,
You made it through Ped1! I know it was a challenge but I also know you learned A LOT and grew in BIG ways!
So now that you’ve made it through Ped1 you are probably asking yourself, “What is Ped2 like?” and , “Can I survive another semester like this one?” You’re in luck! I have the Top Ten List of things you need to know as you prepare for Ped2!
Keep calm and read on!
10. Get ready to get messy! This block involves science which is a blast but can also get a bit messy.
9. Keep your focus. Remember why you are working so hard. Remember how important each class is as you learn to be an educator.
8. Manage your time and do your work. DO NOT let the “smaller assignments” sneak back up on you at the end of the semester.
View original post 352 more words
Hello Fall 2016 Ped1 students! Congratulations on your acceptance into TEP!
Check out this Top Ten List of things you will need to know this semester as you dive into the program!
Dear Future PED1 Students,
Congratulations for being accepted into TEP! You are in for a phenomenal learning experience here at UAB.
You’re probably wondering what TEP is really like and what you can expect this semester when you enter your first block of Pedagogy classes. You have come to just the right place to find out what you need to know as you start this amazing journey to becoming a teacher.
Check out this Top Ten List of things all Ped1 students need to know!
10. Remember learning is a process and does not truly end, it is continuous. Begin the semester with this in the front of your mind.
9. Stay focused. Pedagogy 1 will rock your world but just remember: you can do this.
8. Write down the inspirational/helpful/encouraging quotes that you read in our texts or hear in class. It can be so helpful to go back…
View original post 236 more words
Dear Future Student Teachers,
You have made it to the final semester in your journey here at UAB! You are beyond delighted to see the light at the end of the tunnel as you look forward to student teaching.
But then, panic sets in as you consider all the unknowns of student teaching! Never fear! All you need to know is right here!
Check out these tips for surviving student teaching this fall!
Surviving Student Teaching 101
10. Don’t have a fixed mindset. Focus on persevering and that failures are new opportunities for growth. Reflect on those moments to help you and your students.
9. Be kind. This not only applies to your students, cooperating teacher (or teachers, if you are working in a departmentalized classroom), but to yourself as well. We all have good days and bad days, so there’s no reason not to be kind. You should also…
View original post 370 more words